Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Inception

How is it that I find myself enrolled in a 300 hour advanced teacher training with nary a 200 hour training course under my belt?

It all started several weeks ago when I signed up for a Sanskrit class that my teacher was having. It turned out that the Sanskrit class had to be rescheduled so he emailed me to let me know that he would be rescheduling it.We exchanged a few emails and at the end of one of the last emails he said that he would like me to consider his teacher training program because he thought that I would be an excellent candidate. I don't know about you but when I read that email my ego was stroked, caressed and massaged all at the same time. But that feeling only lasted briefly, I then started to think, of course he would suggest that I attend his teacher training program, it's to his benefit to have more students, you're not so special. My final thought regarding the email was something like "my yoga teacher thinks that I suck and am in need of an intensive training course to improve". But again that thought only lasted briefly as well.

When I was in my twenties and when I first started getting serious about my yoga practice I briefly flirted with the idea of doing a teacher training program, well before it became the cool thing to do. As I've gotten older I kind of put that idea to rest and figured that I'd leave such programs to the young. But when my current teacher suggested that I do the training the seed was planted again.

Because the program is with my teacher whom I really enjoy practicing with and because he has so much knowledge and wisdom that he's willing to share and because I feel like he hand picked me I felt like I couldn't pass up the opportunity. And that my friends is how I now find myself enrolled in a 300 hour, 10 week advanced teacher training program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment